Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dbacks win home opener 3-2

So I've got a couple things I feel like I need to ramble about today.

First, the CW sucks balls, They don't carry enough games down here in Tucson, and they often don't have some marquee games scheduled. And of course, it's hard to find a list of all the games carried down here.

If you live in Phoenix(and as being a life long Tucsonan, I collectively refer to all the surrounding cities as Phoenix, because honestly, it's easier than remembering Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Gilbert, Guadalupe, Peoria, Chandler, et cetera). you should be good with basic cable, as most of the games should be on 3tv, or FSN. And the 11 games that aren't on TV, I can handle going to the ball park or watching them online. This is one of the reasons why the Diamondbacks don't have a good of fanbase in Tucson. It's a pain in the ass figuring out if the games are carried on the CW. In the long run, I guess I'm going to have to buy extra innings or MLB.tv subscription as long as I live in Tucson. Or I'm just going to have install a really really big antenna.

So Dayn Perry over at Foxsportsnet.com's weekly MLB Power rankings had Arizona at number four, Best in the NL, behind only the Indians, the damned Yankees(*shakes fist angrily*), and the Twins. Dayn used to really hate the Dbacks a few years ago, but these days, he seems to be in love with the Dbacks, and seems to have an honest man cruah on GM Josh Byrnes. Here's what Dayn had to say:

Orlando Hudson is thriving in the three hole, but it’s doubtful he has the bat to remain there long term. Carlos Quentin is swinging a bat again and could be within 10 days of returning to the lineup. Right now, Hudson and Eric Byrnes are doing the heavy lifting on offense, but the young bats will wake up soon enough.


Nice to hear some positives about the team. It'll be interesting to see how the roster shakes out after the return Quentin, RJ, and eventually Davanon. I'd hope Josh Byrnes makes a trade to give Hairston left field for the rest of the summer. If Byrnes plays well, I'd hope JB cashes in and trades him at the deadline. Micah Owings will probably be moved to relief, but a pitcher(probably Nippert in this case) would be sent down to Tucson. Micah could also be a valuable bat off the bench, and could pinch hit and then stay in the game to pitch in relief.

Anyway, Today's game is on the Cw today, so I'll be watching. I've had writers block, so i haven't thought of anything too specific to write on. When I think of something, i'll post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Domin8 MySpace with unique myspace graphics. Check out www.domin8myspace.com